The Mississippi River Science and Technology Office has oversight for the Mississippi River Geomorphology and Potamology program. This program will use previous studies, reports and tech notes as baseline documents that will provide a foundation for related data for the current multi-year program.
This page will serve as a repository for reports, tech notes and fact sheets related to previous and current studies. Links will be provided to the digitized reports. Engineer Research and Development Center publications that are not avialable online are available through interlibrary loan system.
A bibliography, comprised primarily of USACE Potamology reports, is provided in this section. Although by no means completely comprehensive, this bibliography does show the USACE historical interest and leadership in potamology studies and profiles the ebb and flow of potamology related funding. It is also important to emphasize that there is a considerable amount of other potamology data that exists in the district and division files. For instance, as part of this study, we located a wealth of data in the MRC attic, at two locations at the MVK harbor location and in the national archives in Kansas City. Unfortunately, these data are not indexed, digitized, or readily available.
This historic bibliography is divided into the following 14 Sections:
- MRC Potamology Investigations Reports: (Read);
- LMVD Potamology Program (T-1), 1974; (Read)
- LMVD Potamology Program (P-1), 1976; (Read)
- Related Potamology Reports and Papers referenced in previous potamology reports; (Read)
- USACE, MRC/LMVD/MVD, Reports of related subject matter; (Read)
- USACE, Vicksburg District (MVK) reports of related subject matter; (Read)
- USACE, Memphis District (MVM) reports of related subject matter; (Read)
- USACE, Rock Island (MVR) and St. Paul (MVP) Districts reports of related subject matter; (Read)
- USACE Missouri River Division (MRD) and MRD Districts reports of related subject matter; (Read)
- Geological Reports prepared for the MRC (authored by H.N. Fisk, MRC consultant); (Read)
- U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station (WES) potamology related reports; (Read)
- USACE Committee on Channel Stabilization reports; (Read)
- SECTION 32 Program: Streambank Erosion Control Evaluation and Demonstration (funded by Office, Chief of Engineers, USACE HQ); (Read)
- St. Anthony Falls Laboratory Reports Related to Mississippi River Potamology. (Read)