BATON ROUGE, La --
BATON ROUGE, La. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is announcing the latest mobile locations for its Blue Roof program sign up as of Oct. 9.
The three Mobile Communication Vehicles will be in place from 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily to assist residents with Hurricane Ida structural roof damage to apply for the Federal Emergency Management Agency assigned USACE managed Blue Roof program.
Location in St. John the Baptist Parish:
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park, 3445 Hwy. 18, Edgard, LA 70049 (Oct. 8-10)
Location in Livingston Parish:
- Carters Supermarket, 31459 LA-22, Springfield, LA 70462 (Oct. 9-10)
Location in Plaquemines Parish:
- Port Sulphur YMCA, 278 Civic Dr, Port Sulphur, LA 70083 (Oct. 10-12)
Locations in New Orleans:
- Rosenwald Recreation Center, 1120 S. Broad St New Orleans, LA 70125 (Oct. 11-13)
- Walmart Super-Center, 1901 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Oct. 14-15)
Location in St. James Parish:
- Gramercy Town Hall, 120 North Montz Ave, Gramercy, LA 70052 (Oct. 11-13)
Location in St. Charles Parish:
- Edward Dufresne Community Center, 274 Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway, Luling, LA 70070 (Oct. 14-15)
Location in Jefferson Parish:
- The Hispanic Apostolate, 2525 Maine Avenue, Metairie, LA 70003 (Oct. 13-15)
Note: Locations are subject to change.
USACE aims to provide homeowners in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until permanent repairs are made through the Operation Blue Roof program. This program is a free service to homeowners and protects property, reduces temporary housing costs, and allows residents to remain in their homes while recovering from a storm. The deadline to apply for this service is Oct. 15.
This program is for primary residences or a permanently occupied rental property with less than 50 percent structural damage. Vacation rental properties are not eligible for this program. Flat roofs or roofs made of clay, slate or asbestos tile do not qualify. All storm debris must be removed for the roof to qualify.
Homeowners can visit Blueroof.us to apply. Here, homeowners can sign up for Blue Roof assistance using a Right of Entry form, which gathers information about your residence. The ROE form is a legal document that allows USACE workers to access your property and assess your home's damage. The ROE also allows contracted crews to work on your roof. To cancel your ROE, residents must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 888-Roof BLU (888-766-3258) or visit Blueroof.us
Residents can call toll free 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) for more information regarding this program.